- understand engagement in a broad context;
- be comfortable with the concept of building on engagement principles in their own sphere of influence;
- be motivated to “engage’ in learning more about and practicing engagement;
- deepen understanding of best practices for evaluating and reporting engagement;
- contribute to the understanding of an innovative, system-interdependent, solution-based approach to Urban Extension Programming, and
- collaborate with Director and Administrator colleagues to learn about Urban Extension Programming resources for the System and what leadership resources are needed to develop a system-wide Urban Initiative Implementation Plan.
Updated NIFA Policy Guide Webinars - Extension Directors and Administrators are invited to webinars to learn about proposed changes to the NIFA Federal Assistance Policy Guide (NIFA Policy Guide or Policy Guide), version dated October 2014. NIFA seeks stakeholder feedback on Draft 2018 NIFA Federal Assistance Policy Guide by 5:00pm ET, Monday, July 30, 2018. The webinars covering the new structure, enhanced navigability features, labeling of sections for audience applicability, and new sections and information (e.g. allowable costs) will be offered to COMPETITIVE grantees (June 26 from 1:30 to 3:00 pm eastern time) and for CAPACITY grantees (June 28 from 1:30 – 3:00 pm eastern time). For complete details go to https://nifa.usda.gov/policy-guide.
|Illustration by Jonathan Bartlett|