Next Generation Extension - Learning for Leaders Series on Dec. 1. ECOP Chair Chuck Hibberd directs the attention of all Extension Directors and Administrators to the "Learning Center" found on the right panel of the ECOP Monday Minute Web View to track the 1-hour recordings and resources. The recording of the session, Leadership Opportunities for Extension Directors and Administrators to Make A Difference With The Opioid Epidemic?, is now available online.
- ECOP Program Committee Chair Chris Boerboom requests submission of curricula, programs, or resources that address the opioid crisis to tinyurl.com/ECOPopioid. Please forward the link to appropriate program leaders or specialists as needed to submit these valuable resources.
- Stay tuned to the ECOP Monday Minute for the release of the "toolbox".
- Please mark your calendars for January 5, 2018, 3:00 p.m. for the next Zoom conference. Topic, details, and a calendar invitation will be released soon!
- PowerPoint presentation go to bit.ly/L4L_Opioids2
- USDA Rural Health and Safety Education funded projects resource bit.ly/L4K_Opioids1
- Rural Health and Safety Education: Combating Opioids Webinar Series, How the Opioid Crisis Impacts Individuals and Rural Communities
- Recent article by Centers for Disease Control: Rural America in Crisis: The Changing Opioid Overdose Epidemic
Pesticide Safety Education Program Agreement - Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP) coordinators at Land Grant Universities are invited to apply for funding through a new cooperative agreement eXtension recently received from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). This program leverages national efforts to advance pesticide safety education programs and enhance educational materials with corporate dollars, through the National Pesticide Safety Education Center (NPSEC) - the new non-profit incubated by PSEPs across the country with eXtension. This program also creates new capacity for the entire Cooperative Extension System by strengthening eXtension's ability to pass through funding, contract with every LGU, and use an online portal for application, reporting, and communicating with awardees. PSEP Coordinators received personal invitations to apply this week. For more information about the program, visit https://www.extension.org/2017/12/07/pesticide-safety-education-grant-application-system-is-live/