The ECOP Monday Minute returns on February 25, 2019 due to the observance of President's Day.
Cooperative Extension Section.
- Marshall Stewart (University of Missouri), Ashley Stokes (Colorado State University) and Jorge Atiles (Oklahoma State University; also representing BoHS), were named to the CECE Executive Committee.
- Ivory Lyles (University of Nevada) is a member of the CECE Summer Meeting planning committee.
- Michael Gaffney (Washington State University) is co-chairing a CECE Learning Exchange Forum around Rural Engagement for Resilient Communities.
- Extension colleagues are engaged in their university’s pursuit of APLU's Innovation & Economic Prosperity University (IEP) designation and awards.
- CECE is engaging the Southern Rural Development Center/Extension partnership on framing of some language to support broader university efforts in rural e-Connectivity.
- ECOP is partnering with CECE in Learning for Leaders and other opportunities.
Rural Health Event-No Cost to Register - The Un-Meeting on Rural Health and Health Equity is set for Monday, April 8, 2019 in Gainesville, Florida. An Un-Meeting is a dynamic experience where attendees drive the agenda, and the needs of communities take center stage. The goal of the Un-Meeting to forge new collaborations that bridge the translational science, Cooperative Extension and other sectors to improve rural health and achieve health equity. Partial travel stipends may be available for Extension nominees. National Extension participants are encouraged to click here to register by 2/18/19. The host is the University of Florida Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) and University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS).
Priester Award Nominations Due 2/20/19 - The purpose of the Jeanne M. Priester Award is to honor sound, innovative Extension programs that positively impact the health of people at national, state and local levels and provide leadership to expand Extension’s capacity to increase the number of Americans who are healthy at every stage of life. This year an Extension-community partnership Culture of Health category has been added. To read about all 5 categories go to https://agrilifeextension.tamu.edu/nhoc/priester-awards/. Awards will be presented at the 2019 National Health Outreach Conference, A Grand Vision for a Healthy America, held May 1-3, 2019 in Fort Worth, TX. Award winners will be notified by March 12, 2019.
2019 National Extension Conference on Volunteerism - Every other year Directors and Administrator are provided the opportunity to focus on and optimize volunteer development and program management at state and local levels by widely sharing the following information with faculty and staff. Early registration ends 4/1/19.
The 2019 National Extension Conference on Volunteerism will be held May 14-16, 2019 in Billings, Montana. Extension professionals will learn latest trends and research in volunteerism and gather tools and skills through interactive sessions and networking with colleagues while developing plans to utilize these new resources in their own programs. Registration http://necv.msuextension.org/ is now open. Please forward this information to all appropriate listservs, post on blogs and other social media, and link the website to all appropriate webpages. Like and share posts found at https://www.facebook.com/1NECV.